Summary / Scope of Work
The Chief of Staff (COS) Trainer for the ASSF Afghanistan Contract shall implement and operate programs, practices, and procedures for developing optimal utilization of combat assets and supports personnel for an Afghan Special Operations Brigade with integrated General Support Battalion (Kandak). The incumbent will report to the Afghan National Army Special Operations Command – Special Operations Advisors Group (ANASOC-SOAG) and ANASOC Program Manager.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates class arrangements and conducts training classes
- Develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities
- Manages train the trainer classes for the SOK staff, utilizes technical experts to assist in training when needed
- Train, Advise, Assist and Mentor (TAMM) counterparts in all aspects of their roles and responsibilities to include Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)
- Ensures all elements of program coordination and management elements are met
- Monitors training and actively assists or provides direction as needed
- Creates, maintains, and delivers to ANASOC-SOAG the ANASOC PM all required reports
- Provides to ANASOC-SOAG and the ANASOC PM required data/information for monthly performance review and training reports.
- Responsible for training the SOB and subordinate organizations to plan, coordinate, prepare, execute operations, synchronize functions of the staff to include the planning and orders process, and continually assess the situation and execution of operations.
- Assists in training on the Operations Officer tasks IAW applicable Decrees and SOPs.
- Serve in an expeditionary role and perform ETTA missions
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Twenty (20) years of military experience with US Army or Marine Corps with experience as a staff officer at the Division level or higher (or equivalent)
- Division and Brigade level staff experience in at least one of the following facets of Combat Arms: Infantry, Armor, Filed Artillery or Special Forces
- Occupational specialty equal to US Army Military 01A (Combat Arms Officer) or service equivalent
- Three (3) years experience in Operational Planning at the Division level or higher or three (3) years of experience in a Brigade Combat Team or Regiment
- Special Operation Forces with combat experience, preferably in Afghanistan
- 24 months working in Afghanistan in any military capacity
- Deployed operational experience in support of the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) working at a Task Force or equivalent level in a supervisory role
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Valid U.S. passport
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel) and personal computer skills
- Interpersonal and people skills
- Excellent project management skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- Be willing to work in hostile areas
- Be willing and able to travel outside of protected areas via military convoys or MILAIR and wear protective clothing and equipment as In the conduct of their training contractors may encounter hostile forces
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear. The employee must use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms frequently. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
This position is located in Afghanistan and requires the employee to deploy and live on forward operating bases operated by Afghan National Army under austere conditions without regular U.S. PX and Commissary facilities. Travel within the country and possible relocation (based upon the needs of the U.S. Government) to any location in Afghanistan is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.