English Language Training (ELT) Instructors organize and support English Language Training in geographically distributed areas, schedule courses, manage student flow, oversee daily classroom activities, instruct required ELT Programs of Instruction (POI), compile necessary reports, maintain student records, acts as the supply custodian, and assists the deputy program manager and project management liaison.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Accept tasking and guidance from Program Manager and Lead Instructor to fulfill training requirements
- Plan, design and deliver customized programs of English language instruction
- Create lesson plans, presentations, visual aids and other training materials as required
- Deliver classroom-based training to students of varying proficiencies
- Research and develop specialized language content (ESP) as required
- Design, create and administer various training assessments and evaluations
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all required program reports and records
- Analyze training needs to facilitate continuous improvement of training programs
- Set up, rearrange, improvise and maintain training spaces as required
- Mentor local national English trainers as required
- Observe and obey all established safety procedures and protocols
- Participate in professional development activities, meetings, training, exercises and drills as directed
- Actively participate in the performance development process
- Observe and comply with all company personnel/administrative processes
- Other program duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), English, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, or related disciplines, OR five (5) years as an English Language Instructor with a teacher certification is acceptable.
- Native English speaker
- Minimum 4 years teaching English as a Second Language (ESL)/English as a Foreign Language (EFL)
- Minimum 2 years developing curriculum to include design, scope and sequence, adaptation, resource identification and implementation, detailed lesson creation, activity design, supporting materials creation and assessment
- High degree of competency with Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, with proven ability to exercise cultural sensitivity and respect
- Willingness to work and live in Afghanistan, to include hostile and austere conditions
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card via the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) process
- Must possess a US Passport with at least 6 months of remaining eligibility
- Must be able to obtain an Afghanistan Visa
- U.S. citizenwho is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
If you would like to be considered for any these opportunities, please complete an online application via our website, www.ottrainingsolutions.com under “Careers & Job Postings”. Also please provide cover letter outlining your experience, what position you are interested in and any other items you want to include.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides valuable services for training system support, and for business development to commercial and governmental organizations. OTTS delivers its services worldwide. Our skilled staff is available to provide expert monitoring and impart the real-world knowledge that leads to mission success.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status