Public Affairs Officers (PAO)/Gender Integration Mentors provide mentoring to Dari/Pashto-speaking ANASOC and AAF in Media Dissemination, Media Campaign Design, Print/Photo Media Creation, Telecommunications Media Creation, and Gender Integration Mentoring.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Accept tasking and guidance from PM and DPM
- Mentors ANASOC Corps HQ staff in planning, organizing, coordinating, and conducting internal, community relations, and media relations activities
- Mentors staff in how to print and broadcast journalism to include writing, editing and publishing base newspapers, periodicals, guides, pamphlets, fact sheets, and radio and television scripts
- Advises on uses for audiovisual resources to support public affairs activities
- Advises on how to prepare and release news for internal and civilian media, arranges conduct of tours, and how to conduct community relations activities
- Advises on how to design coordinated multimedia programs on topics of timely concern to ANASOC leadership
- Mentors Afghan PAO how to advise Commanders at all levels and their staffs on the internal, media relations, and community relations implications of plans, policies, and programs
- Mentors communication theory and techniques to public affairs activities for more effective resource use
- Mentors Afghan PAO in establishing, promoting, and maintaining the unit public affairs program to provide the widest coverage of unit-level policies, programs, and missions
- Mentors Afghan PAO on how to prepare and release news for internal and civilian media.
- Plans layout and makeup, and arranges for printing base newspapers, periodicals, and guides. Writes and edits news, features, editorials, and other types of articles, and rewrites copy. Reviews material for compliance with local and MoD policy and operational security.
- Receives queries for news media, obtaining information, coordinating answers, and giving responses to news media. Establishes personal contact with local and regional news media. Receives/escorts visiting news media, makes arrangements for interviews. Assists with news conferences, and sets up and operates media center. Writes and maintains accident and other contingency plans. Responds to accidents and incidents in a public affairs capacity
- Develops and participates in Radio Commando on-air English language training. Works with the Afghan PAO to develop messages aimed at the Afghan public with regards to women’s issues, gender-integration, recruiting; vets all messages through NATO/Coalition PAO channels for clearance
- Acts as the primary Gender Integration Mentor for the ANASOC staff
- Creates lesson plans, presentations, visual aids and other training materials as required
- Delivers classroom-based training to students of varying proficiencies
- Designs, creates and administers various training assessments and evaluations
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of all required program reports and records
- Sets up, rearranges, improvises and maintainw physical training spaces as required
- Other program duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited school & four (4) years of related experience, OR two (2) years related experience with Master’s degree. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (12 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement.
- Must have at least 4 years previous instruction experience in a class room environment and developing Programs of Instruction. May consider two (2) year’s with Master’s Degree
- International teaching or training experience, particularly in Muslim cultures
- Experience teaching in an Academic, Operational Military, Government or Federal environment
- Native English speaker
- Excellent grammar, written and oral communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, with proven ability to exercise respect and cultural sensitivity
- High degree of competency with Microsoft Office
- US passport with at least 6 months validity from hire date
- This position requires aS. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
If you would like to be considered for any these opportunities, please complete an online application via our website, www.ottrainingsolutions.com under “Careers & Job Postings”. Also please provide cover letter outlining your experience, what position you are interested in and any other items you want to include.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides valuable services for training system support, and for business development to commercial and governmental organizations. OTTS delivers its services worldwide. Our skilled staff is available to provide expert monitoring and impart the real-world knowledge that leads to mission success.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status