The Advisor’s primary focus shall be the Advise aspect of the Train, Advise, and Assist (TAA) mission. Advising is the facilitating and influencing by means of counsel the improvement of the Afghanistan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF). Advising includes observation, evaluation and reporting on the performance of ANDSF in order to focus efforts and resources. The Advisor should assess the current ANDSF situation and conditions, understand the coalition intent, and set expectations and standards, based on all variables. Standards need to be commensurate with the ANDSF capabilities. The Advisor should set goals, objectives, expectations, and standards. The Senior Advisor will advise at the higher echelon in the Ministry of Defense (MoD) and Ministry of Interior (MoI).
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Advise and mentor the Planning and Programming organizations within the ANDSF on the MoD/MoI Planning and Programming Processes.
- Advise and mentor the ANDSF on capacity building and sustainment on building organic PPB&E capacity.
- Advise and mentor on translating national security policy programs into strategic program guidance for the ANDSF.
- Advise and mentor the ANDSF on developing capacity related to program formulation and justification, cost estimating models, policy, and procedures, and budget strategies under fiscal constraints in preparation for becoming a secondary budget unit and/or budget unit Forces.
- Ensure daily, interpersonal, and hands-on practical interaction with ANDSF counterparts in their operating environment, subject to Coalition-directed force protection and movement restrictions, in accordance with the requiring activity’s plan of action and milestones for the Directorates and Branches of ANDSF requirements generation and PPBE.
- Advise and mentor on the processes and methods to develop qualitative and quantitative cost information to support program requirements.
- Provide advise and guidance to improve ANDSF budget authority as a secondary budget unit and/or budget unit.
- Advise and mentor the ANDSF to prioritize requirements when faced with fiscal constraints.
- Submit reports when requested.
Minimum Requirements and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business, or management from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Minimum 5 years of Planning and Programming Experience at a major governmental institution (armed service, ministry, or large department). Directly applicable experience may be substituted for education (i.e. experience in the same or similar position).
- United States citizen.
- At least 6 months experience providing security assistance in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Interpersonal communication, influence, and interaction skills that are effective in a complex strategic environment.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with harmony and tact in a cramped, austere, combat environment.
- Possess a final (not interim) DoD SECRET Level Security Clearance before deployment and maintain that clearance.
- Automated data processing knowledge: possesses working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, graphics presentation, databases, E-mail clients & web browsers, and web content management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (i.e., Power Point, Word, and Excel).
- Additional requirements may apply depending on the position.
If you would like to be considered, please complete an online application via our website, www.ottrainingsolutions.com under “Careers & Job Postings”. Also please provide cover letter outlining your experience, and any other items you want to include.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides valuable services for training system support, and for business development to commercial and governmental organizations. OTTS delivers its services worldwide. Our skilled staff is available to provide expert monitoring and impart the real-world knowledge that leads to mission success.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status