The Advisor’s primary focus shall be the Advise aspect of the Train, Advise, and Assist (TAA) mission. Advising is the facilitating and influencing by means of counsel the improvement of the Afghanistan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF). Advising includes observation, evaluation and reporting on the performance of ANDSF in order to focus efforts and resources. The Advisor should assess the current ANDSF situation and conditions, understand the coalition intent, and set expectations and standards, based on all variables. Standards need to be commensurate with the ANDSF capabilities. The Advisor should set goals, objectives, expectations, and standards. The Senior Advisor will advise at the higher echelon in the Ministry of Defense (MoD) and Ministry of Interior (MoI).
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- TAA on requirements generation and have knowledge of Afghan procurement law.
- TAA the ANDSF, inclusive of, program managers, budget builders, and requirement owners on the oversight and use of ASFF and donor contributions to ensure funds are utilized in accordance with all applicable Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) laws, regulations, and the Bilateral Financial Commitment Letter.
- TAA and monitor the ANDSF, inclusive of, program managers, budget builders and requirement owners to achieve a sustainable ANDSF capable of fiscal transparency, accountability, oversight and sustain effective stewardship over the ASFF and donor contributions.
- Provide advise and guidance to resolve, implement, and manage program or policy issues that involve uncertainty in approach/methodology in-relation to budget and execution processes.
- TAA the ANDSF to prioritize unfunded requirements in support of the National Defense Strategy prior to the commencement of a new fiscal year. This enables clarity for funding priorities when fiscal constraints are imposed.
- Submit reports as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Education
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, business, or management from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Minimum 10 years of budget and finance experience at a major governmental institution (armed service, ministry, or large department).
- United States citizen.
- Previous experience in Iraq or Afghanistan highly desired.
- Interpersonal communication, influence, and interaction skills that are effective in a complex strategic environment.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with harmony and tact in a cramped, austere, combat environment.
- Possess a final (not interim) DoD SECRET Level Security Clearance before deployment and maintain that clearance.
- Automated data processing knowledge: possesses working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, graphics presentation, databases, E-mail clients & web browsers, and web content management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (i.e., Power Point, Word, and Excel).
- Additional requirements may apply depending on the position.
If you would like to be considered, please complete an online application via our website, www.ottrainingsolutions.com under “Careers & Job Postings”. Also please provide cover letter outlining your experience, and any other items you want to include.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides valuable services for training system support, and for business development to commercial and governmental organizations. OTTS delivers its services worldwide. Our skilled staff is available to provide expert monitoring and impart the real-world knowledge that leads to mission success.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status