The Senior Advisors in this Directorate are primarily focused at the most senior levels of MoI, MoD, functioning as key advisors, liaisons, relationship management and facilitators at the apex of Combined Security Transition Command – Afghanistan (CSTC-A) advisory mission.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Advise and mentor Afghanistan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) (defined as MOD/MOI) Finance personnel on budget formulation and execution; and proper use of automated management reports.
- Advise and mentor on financial management accounting and payroll processes to support the ANDSF Finance.
- Advise and mentor the ANDSF Finance on payroll administration, contract administration and voucher payments.
- Advise and mentor ANDSF Finance on Non-Fiduciary management of the Law and Order Trust Fund for Afghanistan (LOTFA).
- Advise and mentor ANDSF on how to build and effectively use sustainable financial management procedures that follow Afghan law, Ministry of Finance and/or ANDSF policies and regulations
- Assist ANDSF senior leadership and teammates as necessary on duties outside of main Train, Advise, and Assist (TAA) role when needed.
- Provide training, advise, and mentoring to ANDSF Finance personnel in order to enable ANDSF officials to achieve a self-sustaining ANDSF Finance capable of fiscal transparency and accountability of funds belonging to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA).
- Advise and mentor ANDSF Finance on the oversight and use of GIRoA funds received by direct contributions and ensure funds are utilized in accordance with all applicable GIRoA laws and regulations.
- Advise and mentor ANDSF Finance personnel using the Ministry of Finance Accounting manual, budget manual and have knowledge of Afghan procurement law.
- Attend and participate in meetings, social engagements, formal and informal gatherings. Some meetings may be outside the Green Zone.
- Facilitate reports to include, but not limited to, weekly and monthly status reports, miscoding reports, quarterly and end of year reconciliation, trip reports and information papers as requested by the requiring activity.
- Advise the ANDSF Finance to facilitate in the planning and execution of the Joint Commission Afghanistan/NATO Implementation Commission per the 2015 Bilateral Security Agreement article 25 and the NATO Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) article 23.
- Facilitate congressional inquiries, assist with congressional delegations, and other legislative affairs support as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Education
- Master’s degree required in international relations/affairs/studies, economics, finance, business,
management, accounting, or acquisition management/procurement from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience at a major governmental institution (armed service, ministry,
large department, or civilian equivalent).
- Possess working knowledge on both United States Government (USG) and GIRoA standard financial systems and budget processes.
- United States citizen.
- Previous experience in Iraq or Afghanistan highly desired.
- Interpersonal communication, influence, and interaction skills that are effective in a complex strategic environment.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with harmony and tact in a cramped, austere, combat environment.
- Possess a final (not interim) DoD SECRET Level Security Clearance before deployment and maintain that clearance.
- Automated data processing knowledge: possesses working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, graphics presentation, databases, E-mail clients & web browsers, and web content management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (i.e., Power Point, Word, and Excel).
- Additional requirements may apply depending on the position.
If you would like to be considered, please complete an online application via our website, www.ottrainingsolutions.com under “Careers & Job Postings”. Also please provide cover letter outlining your experience, and any other items you want to include.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides valuable services for training system support, and for business development to commercial and governmental organizations. OTTS delivers its services worldwide. Our skilled staff is available to provide expert monitoring and impart the real-world knowledge that leads to mission success.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status