FT Campbell – Longbow Crew Trainer –(LCT)
OTTS is seeking qualified Simulation Technician II applicants at Fort Campbell, KY.
Summary/Scope of Work
The Simulation Technician II applies comprehensive knowledge and experience to solve complex or system problems on the Longbow Crew Trainer device. These concerns are typically solved solely by reference to maintenance manuals or other similar documents. The Shift Supervisor may review work for general compliance with accepted practices. The incumbent may also provide technical guidance and instruction to Technician 1.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform power up, orderly initialization, operation, and shutdown of simulators.
- Conducts pre-operational readiness checks before scheduled training periods.
- Conducts post-operational checks at the completion of the training day.
- Completes both preventative and corrective maintenance on all training device systems and subsystems.
- Completes approved device and system engineering upgrades in accordance with provided technical documentation and procedures.
- Maintains, repairs, adjusts, aligns, and/or installs various types of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving devices; micro-, mini-, and mainframe computers, terminals and peripheral equipment; industrial robotic devices; projection visual / image generation systems.
- Apply technical knowledge of electronic principles in determining equipment malfunctions and apply skills in restoring equipment operations through performance of organizational, intermediate, and preventive maintenance actions.
- Apply comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting Original Equipment Manufacturer manuals or other delivered training device system engineering drawings and technical documentation.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the inter-relationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence and in selecting the necessary tools and test equipment.
- Use various test equipment such as: digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, logic analyzers, sine wave generators, fiber optic test equipment and other special test equipment.
- Comply with instructions and processes identified in the program Maintenance, Quality Control, and Safety Plans.
- Accurately maintain component and parts levels in storeroom and associated database.
- Keep training area clean and free of clutter.
- Perform related collateral duties as required.
- Receive technical guidance as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
- May provide technical guidance to lower level technicians.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- U.S. citizen.
- Secret security clearance preferred.
- Extensive flight simulator experience to include: tear down and installation of simulators, post flight and preflight preparation of simulators, maintaining inventory system for the LCT device.
- Must possess strong mechanical background to repair equipment and provide technical advice on problems related to the LCT device.
- Have system level maintenance experience demonstrating a general knowledge in visual, computer, display, and/or hydraulic/pneumatic systems as it relates to the LCT device.
- Familiar with technical manual TD 55-6930-215-23-6 Motion System
- Strong background in control loading and motion hydraulic systems to include providing technical assistance on teardowns and maintaining the appropriate inventory for the LCT device.
- Progressive experience in complex computer systems/networking or training device maintenance on the LCT device.
- Knowledgeable in TS-MATS, TADSS, Microsoft Office and inventory systems.
- Computer networking experience.
- Must possess good written composition and verbal communication skills, ability to express facts and rationale.
- Ability to work as a team or individually
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.