Summary / Scope of Work
The Software Engineer position, based in our Central Florida headquarters with OT Training Solutions, LLC, as directed by the President/CEO, will develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software. Develop, modify and maintain applications that may be customized or standardized. Participate in design and coding activities with other team members.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Primary job functions and responsibilities of the Software Engineer include:
- Develop software as directed/required.
- Develop software development and enterprise architecture standards and policies that promote shared services, infrastructure, applications and service-oriented architecture (SOA) to optimize reusability and improve information integration and system interoperability.
- Review and oversee projects to embed architectural standards and practices, eliminate duplicate functionality and system capabilities, identify and mitigate divergence from business and IT objectives, goals or strategies.
- Act as a solutions architect to provide consensus-based enterprise solutions that are scalable, adaptable and sustainable with ever changing business needs.
- Perform complex analysis and design of software applications and architecture including estimating, planning, scheduling and coordination of agile projects.
- Recommend design or modification of database structures and ensure database structures follow enterprise standards.
- Oversee and coordinate the software aspects of ongoing projects.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- As the software section grows, help recruit staff, including interviewing, hiring, assigning work, training, coaching and counseling, to ensure consistent application of employee guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Conduct performance reviews and hold employees accountable for performance of their responsibilities, when applicable.
The Software Engineer must have:
- Seven (7) years of related work experience to include DIS networking, writing and debugging shader code, familiarity with game engines such as Unity, Unreal experience with Information Assurance (IA) or CryEngine and military simulation systems.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies,
- Strong 3D math skills, including vector math, quaternions, and matrices.
- Organize and work independently on multiple assigned tasks/projects and complete assignments within specified deadlines.
- Must possess strong organizational, project management ability and skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills, oral and written communication skills and communicating with diverse groups, meeting deadlines and schedules.
- Maintaining effective working relationships, professional demeanor and attitude.
- Ability to interface well with staff and other non-technical members of the organization. Ability to get along with diverse personalities; is mature and tactful.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.
- Computer software knowledge required, including MS Office and personal computer skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree/field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear. The employee must use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms frequently. The employee must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work involves moderate travel.
- Ability to work in an office setting.
- Availability to work extended hours when and if required.
- Accurately follow verbal and written instructions/directions from senior management.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.