Technical Advisors are primarily focused on the training and advising aspect of the Train, Advise, Assist, and Mentor (TAAM) of Afghanistan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF).
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Review and develop curriculum and training delivery methods as well as development of mentoring guidance and tracking of training efficiency. Curriculum Advisors will assist with General Command Police Special Unit Special Operations Group (GCPSU SOAG) or equivalent with their training and advising duties.
- Conduct training needs analysis of GCPSU or equivalent to determine if additional or improved training curriculum is required to enhance operational capabilities of GCPSU or equivalent.
- Assess training and suggest improvements to training delivery methods for GCPSU or equivalent.
- Maintain a mentoring manual for use throughout the mission for the GCPSU.
- Assist in any projects involving training and education of GCPSU or equivalent.
- Conduct periodic assessments as requested by RS SOF/GCPSU SOAG or equivalent of training and suggest improvements to training delivery methods for GCPSU or equivalent.
- Provide oversight of all GCPSU or equivalent curriculum documents and their translation into Dari.
- Provide maintenance of GCPSU or equivalent specific training on the Afghan National Police (ANP) Training Library on the Afghan enduring website.
- Data entry and maintenance of GCPSU or equivalent specific courses on the ANP Training Library on the enduring website.
- Being the primary liaison for all inquiries related to GCPSU or equivalent specific course on the ANP Training Library.
- Preparing and sorting the training documents, identifying and determining the data to be entered, creating folders for new courses along with appropriate numbering system, and ensuring courses are placed under correct headings.
- Training ANP counterparts in the duties related to management and maintenance of the GCPSU or equivalent specific courses of the ANP Training Library.
- One of these advisors, in addition to the duties above, shall lead, facilitate, guide, prioritize, and provide direction over the Cell.
- Be the primary liaison and focal point between RS SOF/GCPSU SOAG or equivalent and the Cell to ensure the completion of assigned projects, in accordance with their priority, to ensure quality and timely production of deliverables.
- Create and review curriculum, assess training and suggest improvements to training delivery methods and maintain a mentoring manual for use throughout the mission for the GCPSU.
- Assist in any projects involving training and education of GCPSU or equivalent as required.
- Provide weekly activity reports to RS SOF/GCPSU SOAG and the Requirement Owner.
Minimum Requirements and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field related to the advisory position from an accredited institution of higher education, OR, upon approval of the procuring Contracting Officer and Requirements Owner, at least 2 years significant experience in a field related to both the position as well as security assistance.
- United States citizen.
- Automated data processing knowledge: possess working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, graphics presentation, databases, E-mail clients & web browsers, and web content management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal communication, influence, and interaction skills that are effective in a complex strategic environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with harmony and tact in a cramped, austere, combat environment.
- Possess a final (not interim) DoD SECRET Level Security Clearance before deployment and maintain that clearance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite Applications (i.e., Power Point, Word, and Excel).
- 5 years of law enforcement or international police training mission experience
- Specialized experience in SWAT, Critical Incident Response, Homicide, Narcotics, or Investigations
- 5 years as a law enforcement instructor, prior international police mission experience may be counted.
- Certification from a local, state, or national agency as an instructor.
- Experience instructing at a state or national academy; experience instructing in a US Department of Justice International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program (ICITAP) may substitute for instructing at a state or national academy.
- Experience in developing one or more of the following: technical reports, policies, procedures, lesson plans, or police tactical operations curriculum.
- Specialized training experience such as SWAT, Critical Incident Response, Homicide, Narcotics, or h) Investigations.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
If you would like to be considered, please complete an online application via our website, www.ottrainingsolutions.com under “Careers & Job Postings”. Also please provide cover letter outlining your experience and any other items you want to include.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides valuable services for training system support, and for business development to commercial and governmental organizations. OTTS delivers its services worldwide. Our skilled staff is available to provide expert monitoring and impart the real-world knowledge that leads to mission success.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status